The Government Building is OPEN to the Public. We are following the recommendations from the CDC regarding mask-wearing.
Vaccine information from the State of Ohio can be found here: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination-program/welcome
Please see the additional information below regarding City of Fairborn operations.
- The Fire Department has some information on dealing with COVID-19. Please see the information HERE
- The Police Department Lobby is OPEN to the Public. If you need non-emergency assistance please call, 937-754-3000. If you need emergency assistance call 911.
- The Tool Lending Closet opens June 1, 2021
- Shelter Reservations OPEN June 1, 2021.
- Building Permits can be filed in person, online: http://bit.ly/fairbornpermits or you can contact 937-754-3050 for assistance.
- Engineering Permits can be filed in person, online: http://bit.ly/fairbornengineeringpermits or you can contact 937-754-3055 for assistance.
- Water Bills can be paid in person, online: http://bit.ly/fairbornwaterbill, or dropped off at the drop box in front of the City Building. If you need assistance you can contact 937-754-3007.
The City of Fairborn is working with its partners at the city, county, state, and federal levels to monitor the global outbreak of the novel or new coronavirus known as COVID-19. The City will continue to take steps to keep residents, staff, and visitors to City buildings healthy, safe, and informed.
Common signs of infection include fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In some cases, the infection can cause more severe symptoms, including pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
Because there is currently no vaccine for the disease, health agencies are advising prevention measures. Therefore, we urge residents to take the following steps to protect you and your family from getting sick or spreading illness to others:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and contact your healthcare provider for a plan of care if you become ill.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wear a mask if you are sick or unvaccinated.
The City of Fairborn encourages residents to rely on only trustworthy sources, such as the CDC or local and state public health departments, for information about the novel coronavirus.
Ohio Department of Public Health (IDPH)
Coronavirus Hotline - If you have questions about coronavirus, call the state's hotline at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH.
Greene County Health Department
Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Learn to identify and protect yourself from coronavirus-related scams
Johns Hopkins University
Global map and data of Coronavirus COVID-19 cases
World Health Organization
World Health Organization