The City of Fairborn Administrative Offices are located in the Government Center at 44 West Hebble Avenue. The City Manager's Office Administration consists of the City Manager, the City Manager's Secretary, the Clerk of Council, the Communications Manager (PR), and the Human Resource Specialist.
To serve City Council and the citizens of Fairborn in the efficient and professional administration of all affairs of the City placed in the City Manager's charge by or under the City Charter.
- Attend all City Council meetings.
- Direct and supervise the administration of all departments, divisions, and agencies of the City.
- Function as the chief administrative officer of the City.
- Hire and supervise all City employees and appoint administrative officers.
- Hire and supervise an Assistant City Manager with primary concern for support services, labor relations, and special projects.
- Prepare and submit the annual budget.
- Prepare and submit any administrative or financial reports as Council may require.
- Provide assistance for the resolution of individual citizen concerns.
- Supervise preparation and certification of special assessments.
The City of Fairborn operates under a Council/Manager form of government. This type of government combines elected officials in the form of a governing body with an appointed local government manager. Many communities across the country operate with this type of structure.
The citizens of Fairborn have a great deal of pride in their community. Fairborn offers many amenities to interest everyone from our 20 parks and wetland reserves to our uniquely structured downtown area. Centrally located from downtown Dayton, Cincinnati, and Columbus, Fairborn is truly a place to raise a family. Our community is home to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, one of the largest Air Force bases in the world. Fairborn is also the home of Wright State University, which serves nearly 12,000 students with programs leading to more than 100 undergraduate and nearly 50 PhD., graduate and professional degrees.
Fairborn unites local and regional resources to facilitate and encourage development in defense, information technology, commerce, and residential services. Our pro-business city government, along with the Fairborn Area Chamber of Commerce and the Downtown Fairborn Betterment Association, eagerly contributes to the successes of businesses and provide the support to help them succeed. Furthermore, with four interchanges on I-675, Fairborn is the center of growth for the Dayton region now and for years to come.
Fairborn is a diverse, full-service community targeting the future. Our ability to look toward the future, yet preserving the best aspects of our past, distinguishes Fairborn from other communities. Discover for yourself why Fairborn is truly a family-friendly community.
Email the City of Fairborn