COVID-19 UPDATE FROM DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
Effective 3/17/2020, as a result of the City Hall closure in response to the COVID-19 Virus, all new permit submittals will be required to be submitted electronically. All projects currently in plan review will be reviewed and the applicant will be notified when the permit will be ready. There will be no plan pick-ups in the office. Our inspection staff will deliver your plans to the job site upon the first scheduled inspection. Inspections will continue and can be scheduled by calling our inspection line at (937) 754-3050. Plan resubmittal must be returned through email only in order to be accepted for review. Please call or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
New Project (Electronic) Submittal Process:
1. Submit all documents listed below by contacting us first at email@example.com
2. The City will review your application for accuracy and thoroughness. Incomplete application submittals will be returned to the applicant for additional information.
3. Once an application has been accepted, the applicant will be contacted with instructions on how to submit electronic plans for review.
4. Payment - An invoice along with instructions will be sent to the applicant on file once the application and/or plan review are completed.
- Check Payments will be accepted by mail or can be placed in the City’s Water Bill Box located at the turnaround in front of the Main Entrance of City Hall located at 44 W. Hebble Avenue. Please mark checks “For Building Inspection.”
5. Due to the nature of the emergency and our offices being closed, there may be a time delay in the processing of your payments and therefore having permits and plans available for inspections. Should this become an issue, please contact us by phone at (937) 754-3050 and leave a message or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your concern. We will contact you within 48 hours to resolve any issues that you may have in order to complete your inspections.
The Development Services Department is responsible for coordinating residential, commercial, and industrial development activities in the City of Fairborn. To provide a virtual "one-stop shop" for development, this department consists of four divisions:
- Building Code & Inspection Division The Building Code and Inspection Division enforces building codes to provide minimum requirements to safeguard the health, safety and general welfare of its citizens.
- Neighborhood Betterment Division Neighborhood Betterment provides annual funding for housing rehabilitation, emergency home repair and property maintenance/code enforcement in income-eligible areas, infrastructure improvements in qualifying neighborhoods, as well as fair housing and landlord/tenant services.
- Planning Division The Planning Division provides an integrated analysis of development, so decisions are made with an understanding of how the project will impact the community as a whole.
- Property Maintenance Division The Property Maintenance Division conducts a comprehensive code enforcement effort that encourages voluntary compliance and effects prompt correction of noted violations that is consistent and fair.
Additionally, the department, in close cooperation with the Fairborn Development Corporation, coordinates the City's economic development activities.
Check out the Development Services Highlights from 2018
Check out the Housing Strategy Assessment from Ratio
Interim Development Services Director
Assistant Development Services Director