Neighborhood Betterment Division
The Neighborhood Betterment Division oversees the annual Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Entitlement Funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The Division develops a variety of activities funded with these monies to improve the housing and living standards for lower-income residents to include the following:Programs
- Housing Rehabilitation and/or Home Repair
- Property Maintenance/Code Enforcement in income-eligible areas
- Infrastructure improvements in qualifying neighborhoods
- Fair Housing and Landlord/tenant advocacy
- Tool Lending Closet where qualified citizens can borrow equipment for home and landscaping needs.
- Economic Development activities, when available
Eligible projects must meet the national objectives of the CDBG Program as well as the City's Five Year Consolidated Plan. National objectives benefit low to moderate income persons, prevent or eliminate slum and blight, or address urgent community development needs that can not be met with any other source. Funding assistance for home rehabilitation and/or repair is based on household income guidelines and structural integrity deficiencies of the home. Applications for assistance can be found here.
Notice of Proposed Substantial Amendment to HUD Consolidated Plan and Action Plan, Fiscal Year 2020
REQUEST FOR PUBLIC COMMENT Information
Development Services Assistant Director
- Report a Concern
- U.S. Department of HUD Community Development Block Grant
- Greene CATS Transportation Map