The City of Fairborn enforces a property maintenance code to maintain the character of our community. The code outlines general provisions for property maintenance and applies to residential, commercial, and business properties. Examples of property maintenance include:
- General maintenance condition of the structure on the property, such as exterior siding, broken windows, gutters and downspouts in disrepair, peeling paint, roofs, walls or foundations in disrepair, deteriorated sidewalks, sheds, garages and fences in disrepair, or unsanitary conditions on or about the property
- Material storage on property
- Parking vehicles in the yard area
- Trash, car parts, furniture, appliances, and other debris on the property
The City's Code Enforcement and Property Maintenance Officers enforce the property maintenance and zoning code regulations adopted by the City of Fairborn. Those ordinances can be found in Part Thirteen, Title Five of the Fairborn Codified Ordinances.
- Abandoned Property The Property Maintenance Division is asking for your help in identifying abandoned properties. These types of properties are often vacated suddenly, unmaintained or unsecured.
- Reporting Code Violations If you are aware of a possible property code violation, there are several ways to alert a Code Enforcement Officer.
New Grass Ordinance Flow Chart
Development Services Manager
Property Maintenance Division
44 W Hebble Avenue
Fairborn, OH 45324
24-Hour Hot Line