If your business has been negatively impacted by the COVID pandemic, please see the information regarding the Business Assistance Program --> Information.
The City of Fairborn is dedicated to serving the needs of our diverse business community by providing an economic environment whereby businesses can grow and prosper. The Economic Development Department is designed to promote the growth of the business community. The goals of the department are to provide assistance to existing businesses within the City and to attract and facilitate new businesses to Fairborn.
The City will nurture and develop a sustained economic development organization and effort to continually improve Fairborn’s economic environment and resident quality of life. The outcome will be a diversified local economy with new business growth and existing business expansions providing diverse employment opportunities, increased wages, and additional investment and reinvestment in the community.
- Provide comprehensive data and information to retain and attract business development
- Improve and support our local Small Business environment
- Focus on fostering an environment that supports entrepreneurs and startup businesses
- Promote a Business Friendly Environment
- Promote Business Retention and Expansion
- Promote Small Business Development and Entrepreneurs
- Recruit New Business Development
There are a number of economic development incentives designed to meet these needs, including the:
- Community Reinvestment Area Program
- Enterprise Zone Program
- Equipment Investment Grant
- Job Creation Tax Credit Program
- Job Retention Tax Credit
- Ohio Manufacturing Machinery
- Tax Increment Financing Program
For more information on each of these efforts, please visit the Fairborn Development Corporation Website.