The City of Fairborn Water Reclamation Center has a mission to create and maintain a balance between the needs of our society and the maintenance of our environment by complying with our current National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit and other applicable legal directives. Carrying out our mission includes the following:
The Water Reclamation Center building.
- Communicating to our supervisor's recommendations for changes that are required to comply with legal directives or that have the potential to improve our performance.
- Converting the separated water-borne material into usable products to the maximum extent possible and ensuring they are productively used.
- Creating and maintaining an interpersonal environment that encourages respect, trust, teamwork, and the free exchange of ideas that contribute to mission accomplishment and personal growth.
- Ensuring any resulting waste material is disposed of in accordance with currently approved directives.
- Establishing and practicing safety procedures to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Establishing and practicing sound maintenance procedures to maximize the productive life of our equipment.
- Maintaining and updating our skills so we can be aware of and take full advantage of existing and future technology.
- Protecting our operations and ourselves by preventing the entrance of undesirable substances into our collection and processing systems.
- Reclaiming environmentally unsuitable water received from domestic and commercial activities by separating water-borne material and discharging the cleansed water to the Mad River.
- Reducing the environmentally adverse impact of our activity by optimizing resource consumption and associated costs.
Email the Water Reclamation Center