Today is Friday, May 23, 2020, and ALL City Government Buildings, with the exception of Fairborn Municipal Court, are CLOSED to the Public. Please see the additional information below.
Governor DeWine has shared the "RestartOhio" plan that takes effect on May 1, 2020. Please see the links below for the parameters of that of the RestartOhio Plan.
Restart Ohio Info: https://bit.ly/restartohio2020
UPDATE: Ohio lawmakers pass HB 167 which Extends the state tax-filing deadline to July 15 to conform with federal changes.
Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 8am ALL City Government Buildings will be closed to the Public until April 6th to ensure the safety of employees and Fairborn residents. At this time staff are encouraged to work from home if at all possible; they will be available through email and phone to answer questions and offer assistance.
If residents have business to do with the City Government, they are encouraged to do so electronically if at all possible.
- Police and Fire Personnel will continue to respond as they always do. Please be aware they will be wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when they come to the houses. If you or the person you are calling 911 for has "Flu-like symptoms" please communicate that with Dispatch personnel.
- The Police Department Lobby is CLOSED to the Public. If you need non-emergency assistance please call, 937-754-3000. If you need emergency assistance call 911.
- The Tool Lending Closet is CLOSED at this time until further notice due to COVID-19.
- The Fairborn Parks office at Community Park is CLOSED.
- ALL City Parks are still OPEN at this time.
- All Parks & Recreation programs and activities are canceled until further notice.
- All Public Events are canceled until further notice.
- All basketball courts, fitness courts/equipment, and playgrounds are closed at this time.
- Building Permits can be filed online: http://bit.ly/fairbornpermits OR you can contact 937-754-3050 for assistance.
- Engineering Permits can be filed online: http://bit.ly/fairbornengineeringpermits OR you can contact 937-754-3055 for assistance.
- Water Bills can be paid online: http://bit.ly/fairbornwaterbill OR dropped off at the drop box in front of the City Building. If you need assistance you can contact 937-754-3007.
- Income Tax can be paid online: http://bit.ly/fairbornincometax OR you can contact 937-754-3007 for assistance.
- All public meetings have been canceled until further notice.
- Water shut-offs have been suspended, however, we do encourage you to pay your water bills.
- We will also reactivate water that has previously been shut-off. Please notify the Utilities Department at 937-754-3007 so crews can be sent to turn your water on.
City Manager Rob Anderson said this evening at the council meeting, "We can always be right or do what is right, and in this case, we are going to do what is right. So we are going to make sure we protect our citizens and ourselves so that we minimize the exposures that we have and do what is best for our people."
Please know that everything is very fluid and seems to change quickly. We will continue to update you with any changes that happen.
The City of Fairborn is working with its partners at the city, county, state and federal levels to monitor the global outbreak of the novel or new coronavirus known as COVID-19. The City will continue to take steps to keep residents, staff and visitors to City buildings healthy, safe and informed.Take Note
CITY GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS CLOSED - All Government buildings, with the exemption of the Fairborn Municipal Court, are closed to the public. At this time staff is encouraged to work from home if at all possible; they will be available through email and phone to answer questions and offer assistance.
MEETING CANCELATIONS – The City of Fairborn has canceled all boards and committee meetings, and all parks & recreation programming until further notice
RECREATION CLOSURES - movie theaters, indoor water parks, and indoor trampoline parks are still closed per the Governor's recommendation.
EVENT POSTPONEMENT – The City of Fairborn has canceled all public events.
LIBRARY CLOSURES – The Greene County Public Library and local Fairborn Branch are Closed as is all Library Programming at this time.
Common signs of infection include fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In some cases, the infection can cause more severe symptoms, including pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
Because there is currently no vaccine for the disease, health agencies are advising prevention measures. Therefore, we urge residents to take the following steps to protect you and your family from getting sick or spreading illness to others:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and contact your healthcare provider for a plan of care if you become ill.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wear masks in public, especially when going into spaces with larger groups of people.
The City of Fairborn encourages residents to rely on only trustworthy sources, such as the CDC or local and state public health departments, for information about the novel coronavirus.
Ohio Department of Public Health (IDPH)
Coronavirus Hotline - If you have questions about coronavirus, call the state's hotline at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH.
Greene County Health Department
Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Learn to identify and protect yourself from coronavirus-related scams
Johns Hopkins University
Global map and data of Coronavirus COVID-19 cases
World Health Organization
Fairborn City Schools
Fairborn Area Chamber of Commerce
We will update this list as much as we can on a daily basis.