We are currently serving Fairborn Citizens by APPOINTMENT ONLY. If you need to make an appointment please call: 937-754-3030. The Fairborn Municipal Court remains open.
Governor DeWine has shared the "RestartOhio" plan that takes effect on May 1, 2020. Please see the links below for the parameters of that of the RestartOhio Plan.
Restart Ohio Info: https://bit.ly/restartohio2020
If residents have business to do with the City Government, they are encouraged to do so electronically if at all possible.
- Police and Fire Personnel will continue to respond as they always do. Please be aware they will be wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when they come to the houses. If you or the person you are calling 911 for has "Flu-like symptoms" please communicate that with Dispatch personnel.
- The Police Department Lobby is CLOSED to the Public. If you need non-emergency assistance please call, 937-754-3000. If you need emergency assistance call 911.
- The Fire Department has some information on dealing with COVID-19. Please see the information HERE
- The Tool Lending Closet is CLOSED at this time until further notice due to COVID-19.
- The Fairborn Parks office at Community Park is CLOSED.
- ALL City Parks are still OPEN at this time.
- Shelters are still closed until the Governor expands the mass gathering limit beyond 50 persons.
- All Parks & Recreation programs and activities are canceled until further notice.
- All Public Events are canceled until further notice.
- All basketball courts, fitness courts/equipment, and playgrounds are OPEN.
- Building Permits can be filed online: http://bit.ly/fairbornpermits OR you can contact 937-754-3050 for assistance.
- Engineering Permits can be filed online: http://bit.ly/fairbornengineeringpermits OR you can contact 937-754-3055 for assistance.
- Water Bills can be paid online: http://bit.ly/fairbornwaterbill OR dropped off at the drop box in front of the City Building. If you need assistance you can contact 937-754-3007.
- Income Tax can be paid online: http://bit.ly/fairbornincometax OR you can contact 937-754-3007 for assistance.
Please know that everything is very fluid and seems to change quickly. We will continue to update you with any changes that happen.
The City of Fairborn is working with its partners at the city, county, state and federal levels to monitor the global outbreak of the novel or new coronavirus known as COVID-19. The City will continue to take steps to keep residents, staff and visitors to City buildings healthy, safe and informed.
Common signs of infection include fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In some cases, the infection can cause more severe symptoms, including pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
Because there is currently no vaccine for the disease, health agencies are advising prevention measures. Therefore, we urge residents to take the following steps to protect you and your family from getting sick or spreading illness to others:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and contact your healthcare provider for a plan of care if you become ill.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wear masks in public, especially when going into spaces with larger groups of people.
The City of Fairborn encourages residents to rely on only trustworthy sources, such as the CDC or local and state public health departments, for information about the novel coronavirus.
Ohio Department of Public Health (IDPH)
Coronavirus Hotline - If you have questions about coronavirus, call the state's hotline at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH.
Greene County Health Department
Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Learn to identify and protect yourself from coronavirus-related scams
Johns Hopkins University
Global map and data of Coronavirus COVID-19 cases
World Health Organization
Fairborn City Schools
Fairborn Area Chamber of Commerce