Fairborn’s foundation is built on a rich tradition of heritage, values, and innovation. As a merging of two cities nearly 70 years ago, Fairborn continues to build upon the best it has to offer. Our city is a melting pot of citizens from all over the country. We have people from other communities, cities, and nations who choose to live in Fairborn because of the quality of life we have to offer. Known for a continually advancing school system, extended educational opportunities, a historical downtown, and a vast parks system, Fairborn is a unique community always striving to reach new heights.
Our growth and improvements in recent years have made a significant impact on our community. We have diverse high-tech companies such as Tangible Solutions, Ali Industries, and Peerless Technologies; we, also, have shovel ready sites along the I-675 corridor as well as a number of buildings ready for business occupancy. We continue to market ourselves to entrepreneurs looking to start their business and discover how we can help them succeed.
Our housing stock continues to grow and offers the best to families and individuals moving to the area. There are a number of single-family houses, luxury apartments, and townhouses just right for your needs. And development in our housing continues to increase as our community is growing.
Being home to Wright State University and the gateway to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, two of the largest employers in the region, we pride ourselves on working together and partnering wherever possible to make Fairborn the best it can be.
On behalf of the entire city of Fairborn, we are very excited about the direction our community is going. This is certainly a team effort between the city, chamber, businesses, schools and all of the citizens as we move our great city forward - a city in motion.
City offices provide citizens with important information along with tools they need for a quality of life that is second to none.
- Code Enforcement & Property Maintenance The Property Maintenance Division conducts a comprehensive code enforcement effort that encourages voluntary compliance and effects prompt correction of noted violations that is consistent and fair.
- Community Events Access calendars to view upcoming events.
- Community News Read current news and announcements.
- Education Learning is a lifelong journey, and the educational organizations in Fairborn offer an opportunity for every step of the way.
- Fairborn History The City of Fairborn has a long history dating back to 1799. Download a summary of this rich history.
- Government Access Channel 5 FGTV-5 is one of four access channels provided by Time/Warner Cable. Learn more about the channel's programming and coverage.
- Income Tax The City of Fairborn began using the Regional Income Tax Collection Agency (RITA) to collect its municipal income tax in September 2007. Learn more about paying income taxes in the City.
- Informational Brochures View the City of Fairborn's most requested brochures and information.
- Neighborhood Betterment Neighborhood Betterment provides annual funding for housing rehabilitation, emergency home repair and property maintenance/code enforcement in income-eligible areas, infrastructure improvements in qualifying neighborhoods, as well as fair housing and landlord/tenant services.
- New Residents Find some resources that will help you new residents settle into the City of Fairborn.
- Parks & Facilities Check out area parks, facilities, and a list of their amenities. Report a Concern Report maintenance or code concerns to the City of Fairborn and monitor the progress of these requests.
- Streets The Engineering Division plans, designs, maintains and manages all infrastructure within the City in order to provide the general public with safe, efficient, and quality roadways, sidewalks, utilities, and mapping (GIS) information.
- Utilities Learn more about utility services provided by the City and how to pay your bills.